Workshop: Glyphs Power Up
with Rainer Scheichelbauer (April 29)
Take your Glyphs skills to the next level with a half-day session loaded with tips, tricks and the gems hidden in the depths of your favourite font editor. Topics covered include:
- paths: explore more efficient or alternate drawing techniques: outside corners, masks, hidden tool tricks
- harmonizing: quickly achieve the perfect curve, understand nudging
- batch-editing: multiplying shapes, mass transformations, understand the *Paste Special* menu
- extensions for finding, or better, avoiding mistakes from the start
- components: put smart components to good use, apply corner, cap and segment components, use brushes, make the most of auto-alignment
…and more! Bring your fonts and show us your toughest nut to crack, and we’ll figure out a workflow that gets the job done smoothly.
The workshop will take place on April 29 from 1pm to 6pm UK time.
Course materials and projects
All you need is a stable internet connection and a Mac. You’ll get a free trial version of Glyphs 3.
The course is open to a maximum 20 participants. This ensures that each student gets ample time for feedback.
How does it work?
The course is taught by Rainer Scheichelbauer. The workshop will take place over Zoom from 1pm to 6pm UK time, with a half hour break. A day or two before the first session, we’ll email you a zoom link.
Fees and registration
The course is £200 (+ 20% VAT if applicable) and is non-refundable. To register, or if you have any questions, please email [email protected]